Constable Ron Hickman

Contract Deputy Program

Constable Ron Hickman
What is the contract deputy program? Well basically the program consists of one or more deputies who are specifically assigned to a subdivision, group of subdivisions, or a municipal utilities district. This is not an extra job. It is a regular patrol position assigned to the specifically to the contract. The deputy will spend at least 70% of his time within the contract with an allowance for the remaining 30% to be spent as needed to support operations and conduct routine activities at the office such as reports and paperwork. The cost of the program is split according between Harris County and the contract with the contract paying 70% and the County picking up the balance.

The deputy works in cooperation with a security director (an individual chosen by the contract, usually a board member, to act as a liaison between the County and the Contract) to determine the contracts needs and to share information.   While a Contract Deputy is not a solution to all problems, it does provide additional law enforcement and deterrence for areas that may want or need additional law enforcement patrol services.  The majority of the nearly 400 deputies employed by the Precinct 4 Constable's Office are contract deputies. For more information regarding the contract deputy program or to schedule a program demonstration meeting please contact our Patrol Division at 281-401-6200 between 8AM and 5PM Monday to Friday. Ask to speak with any Patrol Captain about the contract deputy program.

social media social media social media
Precinct 4 in the News
Precinct 4 in the News
Constable Mark Herman’s Office Delivers Thanksgiving Dinners
Operation Turkey Dinner Provides for the Less Fortunate
9 Arrests After Woman Shot in Home Invasion
Harris County Precinct 4 Constable honored by Texas Honor Ride
Harris County Precinct 4 Constable Offers 2015 Holiday Safety Tips
Klein High Seniors Create Ornament for the Capitol, Decorated To Support Law Enforcement
Harris County Deputy Constable K-9 Telle Named Rookie of the Year
Constable's Office Readies for Holiday Initiative
Precinct 4 Begins Holiday Patrol Initiative
12 Young People Arrested in Organized Crime Ring
Precinct 4 Constables Arrest 12 Suspected of Organized Crime
Crime Ring Sting in North Harris County Nets 12 Arrests
11 Arrests in Organized Crime Ring Bust Clear 89 Cases
Crime Ring Allegedly Responsible for Dozens of Burglaries
2 Dead, 2 Injured in Home Shooting in Cypress
Sex Sting at Spa Nets 2 Arrests
Deer Crashes Through Patio Door
Constable Hires 13 New Deputies
17 Year Old Accused of Evading Deputies in a Stolen Vehicle
Constable Urges Safety this Halloween
Constable Featured on front page of Tribune newspapers in Humble, Kingwood, and Atascocita!!
Two Women Arrested for Prostitution in Undercover Sting
Deer Crashes Through Patio Door
Deer Crashes Through Patio Door
Precinct 4 Prostitution Sting Ends in Multiple Arrests
Constable Offers Halloween Safety Tips
Prostitution Bust Nets 4 Arrests
Precinct 4 Investigators Promote Internet Safety
16 Year Old Leads Police on Chase
Harris County Pct. 4 deputy constables recognized for helping homeless man
Deputies Compassionately Aid Homeless Man
Sergeant on the Mend After Being Hit by Alleged Impaired Driver
Fundraiser to be Held for Deputy Struck by Vehicle
Deputies Chase Down Suspect on Foot
New Police K-9 Hits the Streets
Law enforcement agencies gather to 'Pray for Police'
More News Videos & Articles...
©Copyright 2011-2014 Harris County Constable's Office Precinct 4